Wednesday, May 4, 2011

TXNIP and PUFAs and Fructose

I just read this very interesting article about TXNIP.  It is a protein which regulates fat retention, heat production, and leptin resistance.  The most exciting part is that there seems to be a simple way to control it.  It goes on to give a link to a woman featured in a CNN story who lost over 200 lbs. following her doctor's simple advice.
1. Eat 8 ounces of food every 3 hours

2. No sugary drinks

3. Do not skip meals 

4. Do not tell anyone what you're doing

Being the rebel that I am, I'm going to simply follow steps 1. and 3.  If this works at all with the foods I am eating (and I have no idea if it will), then sugary drinks and telling other people should be irrelevant.  The blog also gives an opinion on types of foods that may be beneficial.  But I don't see those foods listed in the rules above.

Anyway, I will make an effort to follow the eating amounts and times above but I will continue with the foods I have been consuming.  This should add an interesting twist to my "diet."

No comments:

Post a Comment